Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brother vs Brother

Dear Mr Mav -
Please keep making mistakes because I like it when mom gives me your cookie
Love your brother,
Cinder

**********************************************************************************

I'm enjoying having 2 dogs to train  - I'm finding it brings out the best in both of them.

I'll tell Mav to sit - and when he doesn't, Cinder gets the cookie.  Do that a couple of times and it's amazing how quickly Mav sits the next time...lol!  Needless to say Cinder LOVES when Mr Mav messes up.

Cinder is also great for helping me proof Mr Mav's recalls.  At the park today, Mav would chase Cinder and I would call Mav back - working on his recall.  Mr Mav did very well!

And Mav is helping me with Cinder too!  Cinder isn't a big one to tug, but when he sees the attention Mav gets while we are tugging, Cinder wants to get into the action and starts tugging too.  It's pretty funny.

Mr Mav keeps growing - all legs right now.  And the bigger he gets the more Cinder likes to play with him.      Today Cinder would actually start the chase with Mr Mav - that's a first.  They had a blast at the park!

I was judging in Nanaimo last weekend and Mr Mav got to hang out with the big boys again

Auntie Yvonne was wonderful taking care of Mr Mav while I was judging

Working on Mr Mav's recall at the park today


Cinder and Mav checking out the last patch of snow

Mav chasing Cinder with the tug toy (bad mamma for letting Cinder take the tug and run with it)

But when I yell "Maverick" he immediately does a 180 and comes running to da mamma :)

Tonight we were working on some "its yer choice" - yes... those are cookies sitting on all those paws!

Having fun with the snoot loop on

A little dyna disk work with the snoot loop

2 comments:

CarlaB said...

Just curious - what are you using the snoot loop for?

Monumental Dalmatians said...

Love the photos of the boys running and playing. i especially like the flying-pup recall-too cute. I'm really impressed with the treats on the paws--think I'll send Bro Brady to you for a week of Camp Nina
What's a snoot loop? Please educate me. It's always fun for me to see the pics of 'the Mav boy'. He looks great.