Sunday, November 21, 2010

WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK

Just warning everyone now - the following photos are not for the weak of heart - and some might say they are offensive.  Don't say you haven't been warned!

This weekend was all about Cinder - we are trying to earn the Top Dalmatian in Canada for the third year in a row (with the Agility Association of Canada) and this was our last big trial of the year.  In between Cinder's runs, I would take Mr Mav out to socialize and train with distractions.  He also experienced his first snow fall.

Now if you are one of my strict agility friends, you might want to sit down for this one because you may not believe what I am about to say.

I had my first lesson is stacking Mr Mav for confirmation today.  I know - you probably fell off your chair laughing because anyone that knows me would never believe I would be any where near the confirmation ring, but I promised the breeder I would try.

I would tell you the story of our first lesson, but I thought it would be better to show you photos!  This is where is might get offensive for the confirmation people!  Just remember, I have never done this before and I promise, we were having a great time.

So here's a photo of Maverick when Tana stacked him -



And this is what happened today - and remember - I have never done this before...lol!







This is by far my favourite photo...Mr Mav is such a monkey!

ALMOST

In the end, I was happy we got it - kinda, sorta :)

Don't worry Tana - I promise we'll practice ALOT more :)  His agility training is going really well :)


BTW - I just realized that there are some people that read this blog who have never met me before.  So for those people you need to know that I have quite the sense of humour and I can be a tad sarcastic :)  So when I say that the above photos may be offensive, I was just joking - although for a person very serious about confirmation, I wouldn't be surprised if they did find my bastardized confirmation stacking photos offensive :)



5 comments:

Monumental Dalmatians said...

Way too funny--but I know the problem--confirmation is for little Catholic kids. Dogs-like Mav-do conformation.
Seriously-since he is over-the-top food motivated (like brother Brady)-take the food away. Just hold his head-and try to place a foot-you can release and give a treat. You can also start by just having him stand and look at you--tail wagging and ears up-then give a treat. Placing him in a stack can come later-get him to free stack (or free bait as some call it) first. Good luck--love that boy!! He's too cute for words.

Monumental Dalmatians said...

BTW--are those spots I see coming on his tail? I love spotted tails. Brady is getting spots on his tail--just like Great Granny Mackie.

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

I have check out clicker show dogs yahoogroups I like you have never done conformation with my dogs but I have been working on freeshaping his stack up! I have also got him almost willingly resting his head in my palm to show his teeth for the judge "smile" is his cue helps that he is a smiling dal :)

AgilityDal said...

See - I can't even spell it properly! Must have been those 13 years of Catholic school - so yes, I know all about confirmation (but I won't make Mr Mav wear the silly hat I wore for mine...lol)

And yes - he has a bunch of spots coming on his tail :)

CarlaB said...

you crack me up...