Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You want me to trim where?!?!?!?

Mr Mav has his first pretty boy show this weekend and we plan to prance like no Dal has pranced before!  LOL!

Last week in class the instructor told me that I needed to trim the tip of his tail so I was all set to grab a pair of scissors and snip straight across.  Well - when my two agility friends (that also do conformation and are better known as Mr Mav's official groomer and his fondling coach) found out they freaked.  How could I even think of getting regular scissors and cut it off?  Shows what I know.

So - one of my friends graciously offered to properly trim the tip of Mr Mav's tail - I have to say she did a really nice job.  But that's when I found out that there are other things on a Dalmatian that also need trimming but for some reason no one wanted to do the deed - so I had to do it.
Tanna - you know I love you when I am willing to trim my boy's willie just so it looks all pretty while I let a stranger fondle him in public!  :)

Tomorrow we dremel the toe nails and select my outfit.

Don't worry - we got photos -

Linda has been whacked by Cinder's tail one to many times (and she has Aussie's) so I think she got confused when I asked her to trim Mav's tail.

Wrong end of the tail, Auntie Linda!

Trim, trim, trim.  

For some reason, no wanted to trim the other parts (or take photos during the trim job) - go figure!

So da mamma had to do it!

This photo cracks me up!

Not to worry - no willies or tails were harmed in the making of these photos!

I even got a manicure so my hands were all pretty when I showed him.
BTW - this is AFTER agility class!  I found the best new nail product called gel polish (comes in a bunch of different brands)  It does not chip!  Outstanding stuff!

6 comments:

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

Whiskers on or off ? I took Jax's off the last two shows but decided that it did effect our tracking so they are staying on for the next show... PS I never trim Jax's Willie lol ...

AgilityDal said...

Whiskers on!
What? No willie trim? And here I thought you were hardcore...lol!

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

Heeeheee ... not into the dog show stuff ... Tracking and Obedience yes very much soo!

Leslie + Echoview's 2 Bits Per Pixel, RN said...

Poor little guy! I would hate to trim the little tuft at the end of Pix's tail, I play with it all the time!! Good luck this weekend, I hope he struts his stuff.
ps. I love the close up of his whiskers and nose!

CarlaB said...

I never had to trim any of my boys' thang either... but I did have to trim the hair right in front of it so they had a nice line. I always spent waaay more time trimming the curlique and cowlicks on the back of their thighs.

CarlaB said...

Hey... how come there is no blog about his wins this weekend. Falling down on the job already???