Thursday, November 11, 2010

When life hands you lemons, make it a training opportunity!

OK everyone - you'll want to sit down for this story and make sure you are not drinking anything!

So - as you know, I have been really sick for the past few days.  This morning I was sleeping in when the fire alarm in the building went off.  I collected the dogs, put on a ball cap and headed outside.

I wasn't thrilled out be out - but in my head I heard Susan Garrett's voice telling me to make it into a training opportunity.  I took Mr Mav to all the different people, we played pass the puppy, we walked passed the lights and noises of the fire trucks - it was great!  I even had a couple of the firemen pose with Mr Mav for a photo.  Mr Mav had a great experience around all these new sights and sounds.  I was pretty proud of what had happened.

When we were allowed to come back in side - I thought I should grab my camera and I could take a nice photo of Cinder and Mr Mav in front of the fire truck.  Then I looked into the mirror - OH MY!

Remember - when I fire alarm went off, I just ran out - I didn't check to see what I looked like first.  (And NO - I am not posting a photo on here, so you will just have to use your imagination).  I was beyond sickly pale, with really dark circles around my eyes, one eye was really bloodshot (I am going to the dr. today because I think I might have an eye infection), teeth not brushed - and here's the topper - there was a big white blob (about the size of a nickel) on my cheek of zit cream that I had forgotten to wash off!

At one point, I was standing out front with Mr Mav and Cinder with 5 or 6 fire fighters around us - and I was wondering why none of them were talking to me - thought the puppy would be a no-brainer ice breaker!  After looking in the mirror, I know why...lol!

Needless to say, I didn't go back out to get more photos, and I think I will find a different fire hall to get the photo with the fire truck done :)

In the end, it was a great training opportunity and that was the most important part.  And what's a little humiliation when you're training a puppy, right?

This is Mr Mav saying, "I have no idea who that crazy looking lady is! She's not my mamma!"

2 comments:

Ch. Highgate's Storm Tracker CGN said...

ahh soo cute :) yahooo for training !

A to Z Dals said...

Waaaaaay to go making a training moment out of a real nuisance.